Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Little About Myself

Hello !

My name's Yu Hong but ever since I was in kindergarten, I was known as Jamie. One of my aunts gave me the idea of having an American name and thus, I was always known as Jamie to my friends and even family.

I came to New York City at the early age of 3. I was born in Foshan, a city in China.

A quick fun fact about Foshan, Foshan is known as the home of the Cantonese forms of Chinese opera, kung fu, lion dancing, and dragon boat racing.



Here's a Quick Tour around Foshan !

This is China's Energy Efficient Gymnasium that was finished built recently.

" The structure consists of three arenas, main arena, sub-arena and citizen’s arena. All the three domes or arenas are functionally linked together. Water spaces have been provided outside the arenas which provide an option of natural ventilation except for a few humid months when artificial cooling is used. This magnificent eco-friendly architectural design is surely something the locals can boast of."


This is Foshan Zu Miao. I came here a couple of times when I was a baby and a teenager when I visited a few years ago. Zu Miao is one of Foshan's Ancestral Temple. It was built in the Song Dynasty and still exists even now as one of the finest attractions and cultural relics of Foshan.















Currently, I reside in Brooklyn, Bensonhurst, where it was populated with mostly Italians, Jewish, and Chinese people. But now our neighborhood's changing and it's more lively and diverse !

I recently decided my major even thought I'm a junior in Brooklyn College. I want to study marketing and psychology. After graduating in Brooklyn College with a BA, I am planning to go for a MBA. Along my journey to complete my courses with good grades, I will try to find internships to gain experience in the marketing field.

Thanks for reading !



















No comments:

Post a Comment